Published 10 January 2016
Exploring the interactions and tensions between local and global spheres of environmental change.
The Sixth Biennial Conference of the Association for the Study of Literature, Environment & Culture, Australia & New Zealand (ASLEC-ANZ) in collaboration with the Sydney Environment Institute (SEI).
This conference, will explore the interactions and tensions between local and global spheres of environmental change. In the process we hope to encourage new dialogues, collaborations and projects between the different sub-disciplines that make up our burgeoning and evolving fields of study.
Individual papers and interdisciplinary panels will address a wide range of themes in the environmental humanities, arts and social sciences. They include:
- Joni Adamson, Arizona State University
- Elizabeth DeLoughrey , UCLA
- Deborah Bird Rose, University of New South Wales
- Alice Te Punga Somerville , Macquarie University
- Petra Tschakert – University of Western Australia
- Richard Kerridge, Nature writer & literary ecocritic (UK)
- John Wolseley, Visual Artist
- James Bradley, Novelist & Critic